Penelope Cruz confirms second pregnancy
Photo by: Scanpix
OHMYGOSSIP — Penelope Cruz has confirmed reports she’s pregnant with her second child. The actress — who has two-year-old son Leo with her husband Javier Bardem — won’t travel from the US to attend the Goya awards in Spain on February 17 because of her pregnancy, her publicist said.
Cruz, 43, is nominated for Best Leading Actress at the ceremony and is said to be “extremely happy and very excited” with the news but didn’t want to take a long haul flight.
Penelope has previously spoken out about how motherhood has transformed her life.
“From the first second, you feel so much love,” she said.
“It is a revolutionary experience. That’s the best way I can describe it. It transforms you completely, in a second. Nature is very wise and gives you nine months to prepare, but in that moment, when you see that face, you are transformed forever.
“I want my son and my kids — if I have more — to grow up in a way that is as anonymous as possible.
“The fact that his father and I have chosen to do the work we do doesn’t give anybody the right to invade our privacy.”
February 14, 2013 - 03:14
Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz